Monday, April 11, 2011

House Plants!

I love house plants. It is like gardening without all the extra work! I enjoy little house plants, but my favorite are large. Dumb Cane is one of my favorite large house plants. It is very appealing to the eye and does well with filtered light.


Another favorite plant of mine is Ficus Tree. I like this plant due to its happiness no matter where in the house I put it. Sunny or shady it is happy. In the bottom of my plant I have ivy growing. I haven't had the plant very long and am curious to see how this affects the plant. 

The plant that I have had the longest is my Pothos plant. It is vine plant. Its vines grow to large lengths and are lush with leaves. When I fought forest fires this plant would survive the 22 days that I would be gone without watering, although I would not recommend this. It was nearly dead when I got home, but with water would always come back. It is easily trimmed and with the trimmings new plants are formed. They make great gifts too!



No comments:

Post a Comment